Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

NFL Playoffs: Championship Week Predictions

WOAH! Where did all that scoring come from? If you scored four touchdowns, you lost. After the divisional round I'm now 4-4 (1-3 last week). Crazy to think I would be 6-2 if the games ended 30 seconds earlier, but hey, that's playoff football, you never know what's going to happen any given Sunday. I'm looking for a little redemption this week, so lets get the party started.

NFC Championship Game: San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons (Sun. 3PM Fox)

Very interested in seeing how the Falcons defense can handle the dynamic Colin Kaepernick. After having two poor showings against Cam Newton, I don't anyone in Atlanta is feeling too confident this week. Kaeprnick exposes Atlanta's biggest weakness, stopping the running quarterback who can throw. I don't see a blow out, but I don't see the final score being very close. 49ers win 35-24.

AFC Championship Game: Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots (Sun 6:30PM CBS)

This game is a tough one for me. I don't like to bet against Tom Brady, and with Baltimore playing so well, I don't want to pick against them either. The Ravens are on one hell of a ride, Ray Lewis has inspired them to the point where Joe Flacco actually looks like a super-star! On the other hand, the 'Pats are looking unstoppable, and Brady is money in the playoffs, not to mention he's playing with a chip on his shoulder right now. I see this game being VERY close, New England wins 24-27.

*Side Note: I feel like I'm good luck for Baltimore, I keep betting against them after picking them to win it all at the start of the year, and they keep making me look bad. Even though I'm picking them to lose, I'm pulling for them to win.

For the Ladies.


No comments:

Post a Comment