Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Zro's NFL Regular Season Awards 2012-13

Defensive Rookie of the Year


Nominees: 
Casey Haward, CB, Green Bay Packers
Janoris Jenkins, CB, St. Louis Rams
Luke Kuechly, LB Carolina Panthers

Winner:
The winner has got to be Luke Kuechly. The man lead the NFL in tackles with 164 total, along with two interceptions, one sack, and eight pass deflections. As a rookie, that's insane. Even though my other two guys had great seasons in the secondary, Kuechly was asked to captain a defense, and did so seemingly with ease.

Offensive Rookie of the Year

Nominees:
Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
Robert Griffin III, QB, Washington Redskins
Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts
Alfred Morris, RB, Washington Redskins

Luck was thrilled to find out he was my offensive rookie of the year!
Winner:
To me the winner is Andrew Luck. Sure you can look at the efficiency of the other two QB's, and all the production Morris gave Washington on the ground, but at the end of the day, a quarterback wins this award. And I give it to Luck for one major reason. He was asked to do so much more than Wilson, or RG3. He threw the ball far more than either of them, and was asked to basically go out there, and be Peyton Manning. Yes, he turned the ball over, but he took a two win team to a 11 win playoff team. And how many times did he bring the Colts back in the fourth quarter this year? Andrew Luck is my clear cut winner.

Comeback Player of the Year

Nominees:

Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos
Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings

Winner:
This one is so close, either one is a great pick, but I'm going to go with Peyton Manning for only, and I mean ONLY one reason, dude broke his neck, then came back to have one of the best seasons of his career. I don't want to leave Peterson out, because he had a phenomenal season, but neck beats knee in my book.

Coach of the Year

Nominees:
Bruce Arians, Indianapolis Colts
Leslie Frazier, Minnesota Vikings
Mike Shannahan, Washington Redskins
Pete Carroll, Seattle Seahawks

Winner:
Bruce Arians. With everything from Chuck Pagano becoming ill, to taking over a two win team, starting with a rookie quarterback, having no run game or secondary, AND weak offensive line the job Arians has done is hardly believable. Arians has lead the charge in Indianapolis, while taking them to a 11 win season and a playoff berth. Such a great story, and an outstanding job. 

Offensive Player of the Year

Nominees:
Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings
Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos
Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit Lions

Winner:
Call me bias, but I'm taking Calvin Johnson. As my buddy at Idiot Sports Talk will tell you, "Megatron" had to deal with the Madden Curse, laugh all you want! On a more serious note, the man broke Jerry Rice's yards record in only 15 game, and came just shy of 2,000 receiving yards. While he lacked in touchdowns, with only five, he was usually the main reason Detroit was in the Red Zone. Call me crazy but I'd like to think it would be kind of hard to score when you have two corners and a safety over top all on you on the goal-line. Had Calvin scored a couple times more, and the Lions had made the playoffs, people would be considering Johnson an MVP candidate. So with that, Megatron is my OPOY.

Defensive Player of the Year

Nominees:
Geno Atkins, DT, Cincinnati Bengals
Charles Tillman, DB, Chicago Bears
Von Miller, OLB, Denver Broncos
J.J. Watt, DL, Houston Texans
Aldon Smith, OLB, San Francisco 49ers

Winner:
While all great choices, I think one person stands alone. And that man is J.J. Watt. He led the NFL in sacks, racked up 70 tackles, and this is what impresses me the most, 16 pass deflections! That's unheard of from a defensive line-man! And while I think he wins this award with ease, I think Watt may even get some MVP votes as well. Incredable season, easy winner.

MVP

Manning after hearing I named him my MVP
Nominees:
Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos
Adrian Peterson, RB, Minnesota Vikings
Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers

Winner:
To me, this is a quarterbacks award, and I know people will kill me for this, but for a running-back to win, they'd have to have an unbelieveable season, and while AP had a great year, nearly record breaking, it just wasn't enough for me. In a close call, I'm going to take Peyton Manning. I in-fact believe this to be so close, I might flip flop a little, but for now, it's still Manning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment