Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

NFL Playoffs: The Super Bowl

The "Harbowl"
It's finally here, or should I say just here? Sadly, the NFL only has one game left on the clock, but it looks to be one hell of a match-up.

If you've been following this blog a little bit, you would know I've been a bit of a good luck charm to the Baltimore Ravens. To fill you in, I predicted them to win the Super Bowl before the season started, and have ragged on them ever since. I kept thinking they were too inconsistent, and Joe Flacco wasn't good enough to take the Ravens to the big game. When the playoffs rolled around, I picked them to beat the Colts, but then again, ragged on them to get spanked by Denver, and lose to New England. And oddly enough, they've been the AFC team I've been rooting for all along. It's kind of like my Lions, I want them to win, but deep down you know they're just not.

Luckily for Baltimore, I was wrong, way wrong and I'm loving it.

On the other hand we have San Francisco,  by far my least favorite team in the NFL as a fan. From Jim Harbaugh to Anthony Davis (Can't stand that guy) to the fact that they're just San Francisco. I've never been a fan, but I never doubted their talent. Colin Kaep and the gang have literally everything going for them. Quarterback play? Check. Run game? Check. O-Line? Check. D-Line? Check. Secondary? Check. Kicker? Mehh. But you get the point, they're very talented across the board. 

When Super Bowl Sunday rolls around, and the hype from this "Harbowl", Alex Smith being benched, and Ray Lewis stuff is over with, America's eyes will be glued to the TV, for what I believe will be a great game. With all that said, here is my Super Bowl 47 pick.

Super Bowl Sunday (Sunday February 3, 6:30PM CBS)

San Francisco 49ers - 24
Baltimore Ravens - 27

Who do YOU think will hoist the Lombardi Trophy?






No comments:

Post a Comment